You may hear about so many benefits that you can experience from using baking soda; it is the best way to eliminate the odors and clean the surface. But at the same time, if you will use baking soda in a vacuum, it can be proved dangerous. You can even use baking soda in cooking and cleaning, too, as it clears all the odor that may be irritating you. Baking soda is very cheap and so effective in cleaning that you can use it but not on the vacuums.
If you need to know how this baking soda is bad for the vacuum and why a person should not use them in the vacuum, you do not have to worry. You can check out this article which will help you in getting to know about this situation better.
Is baking soda bad for a vacuum?
Yes, it is bad for the vacuum; there are some people who may get confused with this statement. It is because baking soda is used for cleaning purposes; people use it in their cleaning routine. Then, why not they can use it in the vacuum? You can use it for any purpose, you can use it on the carpet and rug to clean, but the problem arises when you need to clean that baking soda.
You may use a vacuum to remove the baking soda, which is the big mistake you may make. It is because the powder of baking soda will completely ruin your vacuum.
Why is Baking Soda Bad For your Vacuum Cleaner?
There are many reasons that tell us that using a vacuum to remove the baking soda from the carpet or rug can be dangerous or bad for the vacuum. It can destroy it completely, as the baking soda grains are tiny or microscopic, and that is a big drawback or the reason not to vacuum it. If you want to learn about the reasons that how it can harm your vacuum then here is some of the reason in detail-
It can destroy the electric motor
One of the main reasons that a person should not use the vacuum to remove the baking soda is that it destroys the vacuum’s electric motor. There are many vacuums that have their motor sealed, but these microscopic particles of the baking soda can make their way to the motor and can damage it. It is not possible to open the motor and to clean it because it is so small.
The powder or the baking soda may reach the motor and damage the motor’s gear and damage the motor. That is why it is not preferred to use baking soda on the carpet because then you have to vacuum it, and that will cause some damage.
Clogged in the filter
The baking soda particles are so small and tiny that they can enter anywhere, even at a tiny place, which can cause big damage to the vacuum cleaner. Even if you have a high-quality filter, it can damage that also. When the filter gets damaged or clogged, the vacuum must work extra, which will wear out the vacuum cleaner soon or quickly.
Cannot remove fully
Still, if you are putting your vacuum cleaner at risk and vacuuming the baking soda from the carpet or rug, then still, you will not be able to clean that properly. There may be some particles that may stick in the machines, and you will not be able to clean them completely. And that is the truth, and when the machines are not clear, they may get damaged soon.
These are some of the things that will explain to you that you should not vacuum the baking soda and how it is bad for the vacuum.
How to get the baking soda out of the carpet without a vacuum cleaner?
If you have to use the baking soda, then you are now aware of the reason that will explain to you that why you should not use the vacuum cleaner to remove the baking soda. But there are so many alternatives that you can use to remove the baking soda stain, and some of that is mentioned below-
- You can use the vinegar solution of the white vinegar and warm water, and then you need to apply it to the baking soda stain. You can use the sponge to run there, and then you should use a dry towel to put some pressure on the area. You need to apply it three times and then let it dry and turn on the fan.
- Another method that you can use is the steam cleaner, if your stain does not get away after using the first method, you can buy or rent the steam cleaner, and you can clean it with the help of that.
These were some of the alternatives that you can use to remove all the dirt or stain from the carpet without using the vacuum.
How to Vacuum Carpet with Baking Soda?
If there is any stain on your carpet and you want to vacuum it with baking soda, then you can follow the steps that are mentioned below-
- First, remove all the furniture that is on the rug or carpet so that you will get much more space to clean it properly.
- Then you need to vacuum the area which you think is stained and you want to treat.
- You can just sprinkle the baking soda on the carpet instead of pouring it from the box, and you can use the brush or broom to spread it.
- Then you need to leave it for 30 minutes, or you can just leave overnight, which will be the best choice.
- The next step is to run the vacuum on the area where you have to sprinkle the baking soda and then remove it by vacuuming it by using it for once or twice.
- Then you can replace the furniture in the original position, and it will just look like it is new.