Carpet beetles are one of the major problems that most of the households suffer from. These types of beetles enter the house of people and search for the fabric and rugs. If beetles cannot lay hands on these carpets, they start preying on the mattress and other things like woolen clothes, frills, etc. This is devastating for your household and for your body as they so many skin problems to you.
People often use the chemicals to keep them away or eliminate them from the carpets, especially their clothes. But most people always want to have the remedy for this purpose so that they can kill those beetles easily without much problem. Chemicals are not always the greater choice, which is the main reason people go for natural remedies.
What is Baking Soda Made of?
- In the chemical form, baking soda is also known as sodium bicarbonate, and the chemical formulae of baking soda are NaHCO3.
- Baking soda is formed when Metal sodium and Bicarbonate react, including hydrogen, oxygen, sodium, and carbon.
- This is the type of salt that people use in the food; they use it for their personal care and baking.
- It helps in softening the surface and cleans it wherever it is applied.
Does Baking Soda Kill Carpet Beetles?
If you are worried about the fact whether baking soda will kill these beetles, then the answer is yes. It does kill the carpet beetles so effectively. It just does not kill the beetles, but it is also effective if you want to eliminate these beetles. When we use the baking soda on the carpet, and it enters the body of the beetles, it creates some bubbles of carbon dioxide (CO2), which block the pipelines inside the beetles and lead them to death.
This does not mean that to kill them, it is necessary that the baking soda should enter their body through the mouth. But it will kill the beetles even if they come in contact with them, and it will start reacting and release the bubbles. It leads to internal bleeding inside the beetle’s body.
How To Use Baking Soda Against Carpet Beetles?
There are many ways through which you can use baking soda to kill these carpet beetles, and some of those are mentioned in the following points-
- To save your mattress, you can pile the baking soda near the legs of the bedding in the large and thick mounts. It is because to reach the mattress, they have to travel upwards, and they will go to the bedding first.
- You can make the paste of the baking soda by adding some water to it. You have to make a thick paste and then apply it there where you think beetles are hiding.
- If you do not want any beetles in your house, then you can bait them; for that, you can keep the old fabric near the entrance or window with the baking powder in it. And when the beetles come to the fabric, they will react with it and explodes.